Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Advocate Harbour

I've been in Advocate staying at the Fundy Tides Campground for the last five days. This is one of my favorite places to visit and it's hard to leave. The people are so friendly here and it should be a must see for anyone visiting this area of Nova Scotia. The lighthouse in Cape d'Or is pretty cool and a great place to see just how strong the tide is here in this area. I spent one entire day photographing the Advocate wharf, one photo every minute for eleven hours. I plan on putting them together for a quick time lapse video to show the tide change. Stay tuned for that. I have almost 700 photos to put together!


These above photos are of Cape d'Or.

Edges Dyke on the way to Apple River.



Apple River fishing pier.

Horse Shoe Bay...on the way towards Cape d'Or.

The Emily Jane coming in from a day hauling lobster.

Gerry, the skipper of the Emily Jane. He gave me two lobster, which I enjoyed very much. Thanks Gerry. It was a great way to end my time here. I will be back for sure.

Thanks again to Bev and the girls at Fundy Tides Campground. Your hospitality will always keep my coming back.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos! I cannot wait to see the Harbour shots in motion!

    ReplyDelete